Friday, November 30, 2012

Lean On Me



How do you define success?

 
Do you put a number on it? Is posted on a wall for everyone to see? Does it come in the form of accolades?   
This is what I saw this week. It happens every year. I don't know how it happens. It just does. Everyone stops what they are doing. They run to comfort and help a friend in need. They don't ask for permission. They don't think twice about it. They notice the crisis before I do. 
They never ask for thanks or praise. They just take care of what needs to be taken care of and then they move on.
 
It doesn't have an objective. There isn't a formal lesson attached to it. It never has a closure. But it is an assessment.
When I see it, I assess myself and the people I try to surround myself with. When I see it I know I have been successful. Somehow, someway I have taught the most important lesson in life.
But then again, I really wasn't the teacher was I?  
 
 
The Lesson
 
Watch the children. They are the best teachers of the Golden Rule.
 
So, whattaya waiting for?
Love,
 
Teacher-Mom

 




No comments:

Post a Comment