(What's that noise? Oh yeah that would be the treadmill and the laundry!)
Life and the busy-ness of living it have a way of thwarting
So, here it goes. In no particular order...
- When the two little darlins' I birthed get into a slappa, smacka, pinch fest in the back seat of my car, I will not be the end to the argument. will carpe diem , pop some corn and grab some "Me time"! I will give them the room to work it out. Together.
- I will not be shocked by the things little people say. So when they say, "Hey Mom take your bra off!", during a random parking lot dance party, I will laugh. ( and I will giggle at seeing me in them...but still deny I said it)
- I will encourage random acts of creativity, singing, dancing, and silliness. (you have been warned)
- I will check that I am wearing my clothing right-side-out. (And if I'm not...ssh...)
- I will hug on my furry friends. They too are teachers of unconditional love. (even if they do smell like Fritos!)
- I will use glitter as much as possible (another warning and a promise)
- I will go Treasure Hunting with GWH, remember how much fun we have together, crack each other up and how lucky
he iswe are.
- I will forgive and look for the positive in everyone.
- When the RockStar Teachers in my life seem like they are ready to throw in the towel, I will listen, cry and laugh with them. I will help them remember that they are doing God's work.
- When the Mommas and the Daddies in my life seem like they are ready to throw
the chanclatheir hands up in the air and yell, "I give!", I will listen, cry, and laugh with them. And help them realize that they are doing God's work.
- When kiddos do bizzarro things, I will do what they do to figure out the appeal. (Anyone up for dragging their body across the wall? Anybody? Anybody?)
- I will sit back, sniff and sigh at the fact that my babies are growing up much too quickly and savor every exhausting moment.
- When I am about to throw
the chanclain the towel (giggle) I will look at little hands and remember they are only with me for a very short time.
- When I start to get sad and miss those that have left this earth, I will remember that I carry them in my heart.
- When my Angels tell me to do something I will listen and remember that God is in control. (especially if they are speaking with a thick latin accent)
- I will listen to the words of wisdom that come out of little mouths.
- I will surround myself with people who love to giggle.
- I will try to remember that I am a role-model for the big and little people that surround me (sheesh! If I haaaave to...oh conflabbit!)
- I will gather inspiration from all the people, places, and experiences in my life.
- I will acknowledge the muses in my life.
- I will live life in honor of those who have gone too soon.
- I will help people feel comfortable enough to take happy risks.
- I will remember that people are fascinating and they do and say things that make me shake my head, giggle, or gasp.
- I will remember that deep down inside everyone has a kiddo hiding.(and they may become inspiration for a blog post...muah ha ha!)
- I will continue to do the things that bring me joy. Because...if Teacher-Mom is happy, then every body's happy!
- I will write more notes, letters and cards in my own hand because it may become a treasure to someone-someday. I hope.
- I will continue to make up words like frantastic, revolvilization, humiliationility, and conflabbit and use them on a regular basis.
- I will drink from the coffee cup of life, take lots of imagications and love life.
- I will enjoy every noisy, mystery-sticky substance, surprise filled day and rejoice that I have one more day to learn from the people I love!
At the end of the year what do The Lessons in your plan book look like?