Saturday, December 29, 2012

Giving Thanks For The Past Year: Warts and All!

This year I've decided that I'm not making the usual resolutions.
(What's that noise? Oh yeah that would be the treadmill and the laundry!)
 Life and the busy-ness of living it have a way of thwarting  all most efforts. So, instead of dissapointing myself, I have decided to look back at several mini-lessons from the past year. Good, bad or indifferent, I am using that as fodder for the new year.
So,  here it goes. In no particular order...
  • When the two little darlins' I birthed get into a slappa, smacka, pinch fest in the back seat of my car, I will not be the end to the argument.  will carpe diem , pop some corn and grab some "Me time"!  I will give them the room to work it out. Together.
  • I will not be shocked by the things little people say. So when they say, "Hey Mom take your bra off!", during a random parking lot dance party, I will laugh. ( and I will giggle at seeing me in them...but still deny I said it)
  • I will encourage random acts of creativity, singing, dancing, and silliness. (you have been warned)
  • I will check that I am wearing my clothing right-side-out. (And if I'm not...ssh...)
  • I will hug on my furry friends. They too are teachers of unconditional love. (even if they do smell like Fritos!)
  • I will use glitter as much as possible (another warning and a promise)
  • I will go Treasure Hunting with GWH, remember how much fun we have together, crack each other up and how lucky he is we are.
  • I will forgive and look for the positive in everyone.
  • When the RockStar Teachers in my life seem like they are ready to throw in the towel, I will listen, cry and laugh with them. I will help them remember that they are doing God's work.
  • When the Mommas and the Daddies in my life seem like they are ready to throw the chancla their hands up in the air and yell, "I give!", I will listen, cry, and laugh with them. And help them realize that they are doing God's work
  • When kiddos do bizzarro things, I will do what they do to figure out the appeal. (Anyone up for dragging their body across the wall? Anybody? Anybody?) 
  • I will sit back, sniff and sigh at the fact that my babies are growing up much too quickly and savor every exhausting moment.
  • When I am about to throw the chancla  in the towel (giggle) I will look at little hands and remember they are only with me for a very short time.
  • When I start to get sad and miss those that have left this earth, I will remember that I carry them in my heart.
  • When my Angels tell me to do something I will listen and remember that God is in control(especially if they are speaking with a thick latin accent)
  • I will listen to the words of wisdom that come out of little mouths.
  • I will surround myself with people who love to giggle.
  • I will try to remember that I am a role-model for the big and little people that surround me (sheesh! If I haaaave to...oh conflabbit!)
  • I will gather inspiration from all the people, places, and experiences in my life.
  • I will acknowledge the muses in my life.
  • I will live life in honor of those who have gone too soon.
  • I will help people feel comfortable enough to take happy risks.
  • I will remember that people are fascinating and they do and say things that make me shake my head, giggle, or gasp.
  •  I will remember that deep down inside everyone has a kiddo hiding.(and they may become inspiration for a blog post...muah ha ha!)
  • I will continue to do the things that bring me joy. Because...if Teacher-Mom is happy, then every body's happy!
  • I will write more notes, letters and cards in my own hand because it may become a treasure to someone-someday. I hope.
  • I will continue to make up words like frantastic, revolvilization, humiliationility, and conflabbit and use them on a regular basis.
  • I will drink from the coffee cup of life, take lots of imagications and love life.
  • I will enjoy every noisy, mystery-sticky substance, surprise filled day and rejoice that I have one more day to learn from the people I love!

 
SPLASH!

At the end of the year what do The Lessons in your plan book look like?

POP! FIZZ!
  






 

CLINK!
So, whattaya waiting for?
Go have yourself a  Happy New Year! God Bless each and every one of you!

Love,
Teacher-Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment