Sunday, March 31, 2013

A is for Ants in my PANTS!!!!




   
WORKER ANT #1 
I'm lost! Where's the line? It just went away. What do I do? What do I do?

WORKER ANT #2 
Help!
WORKER ANT #3 
We'll be stuck here forever!
From: Disney's A Bug's Life

These little critters are fascinating...
Well, maybe not if you find yourself standing on a pile of them in kindergarten... wearing your most favorite pink pair of pants...while waiting for your class picture to be taken... and you don't notice them all over your backside... until a little buddy asks..".how'd you get red paint all over you?"... and as you frantically try to flick them away...your whole class is ushered by an equally frantic teacher into picture position... and you try really hard  not to cry as they bite you!
"Smile for the camera sweeties!"
(Whew! I feel better now. Let me wipe the sweat off my forehead)
Now that I have vented about my first memory of these little critters, can I just say that I still find them amazing and these are the reasons why.
*They work like a team.
*Each ant has their expertise.
*They plan ahead.
*They are strong.
***But my favorite...of course...they live for their Queen!

The Lesson

When you think you just can't do it anymore watch how those little rascals roam around and never quit!

Oh and too...Windex is the only thing that will stop Argentine ants...just in case those pesky critters invade your home!

So, whattaya waiting for? Put on some tango music and watch 'em work!

Love,
Teacher-Mom


8 comments:

  1. Cool topic! Makes me want to rewatch Antz and A Bug's Life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must confess I did watch A Bug's Life again,and again, and again!

      Delete
  2. I'm visiting from the A to Z Challenge & enjoyed your cute post. If only everyone lived for the Queen:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime, Thanks for visiting! If only...!

      Delete
  3. Ants! That's amazing! What a lovely reminder to watch those tiny creatures do their thing and get to their purpose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, amazing is right. We could learn so much from them!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE A Bugs Life!

    But my favorite Ant movie is still "Them". Cheesy I know, but I love giant monsters.

    Fantastic!! Glad you are with us all again this year.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do all month.
    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side and The Witch
    Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timothy, "Them" I must go look it up! I betcha you like Godzilla! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete