Sunday, March 24, 2013

My A-Z Topic Reveal...

A to Z Challenge [2013]

You would think this would be an easy task for someone who is surrounded by letters all day everyday.
You would think choosing a topic would be easy especially since I teach kidlets day in and day out the basics of writing.
You'd also think that I would be able to generate some kind of schedule seeing as I lesson plan each week...day...hour. 
You'd think.
But as I sit here getting ready for the task I've signed up for, I find myself getting anxious. It conjures up memories.
 Memories of cramming for exams in college.
Memories of hoping my name wouldn't be called to answer a question in class.
Memories of not having my homework done. Yikes!
But the biggest memory is that of knowing that I have been a writer for a very long time and that the very first award I ever won for writing was a $50 savings bond...I received for writing an essay...in front of the television...the night before the essay was due!
You see I suffer from procrastination-itis. Those that suffer from this malady understand that some of our best writing comes when we are under pressure. Of course along with that comes the questioning after-thought, "Hmmm...wonder how much better that writing could have been if I had actually planned it out?"
It's a dilemma. But, well it's not something I want to try super hard at trying to change right at this point in my journey. So, with that, this Teacher is revealing that yes, I do have some posts in the works. But truthfully, I may just be asking the wisest people I know...the wee folk...this question everyday. 
"So friends, what should we write about today that starts with the letter...?"
But when I really look at it...I have an advantage after-all!
Love,
Teacher-Mom

4 comments:

  1. The A to Z challenge is a lot of fun. I'm not participating this year because I need to get in some writing time, but I'll be visiting!

    Good luck with those letters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'll take all the best wishes I can get!

      Delete
  2. O we know only too well about the pressures of everything! I enjoyed your blog thank you and asking the little ones about A-Z sounds like a great idea! Out of the mouths of babes!
    I had a squizz at the A-Z bloggers and hit on yours so I am just saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I don't know why my comment I made yesterday has not appeared! I wrote that I wish you well and to take note of the kidlets' suggestions for the letter of the day! MAybe my comment is still awaiting moderation?

    ReplyDelete