Friday, April 5, 2013

F is for Flylady!

     I have to share a (not so secret) secret. I am not the world's most organized individual. I suffer from procrastination-itis. I fight with the Laundry couch on a weekly basis. I don't like to clean. I would rather write, read, play, talk with friends, watch my girls grow up, howl with the dogs, explore with GWH...anything but clean and organize and I also don't like to ask for help.  I'm stubborn that way.
(I can motivate a room full of other people's children to tidy-up but I can't get my own two darlings to pick up their shoes. This is a mystery. I could never home school. I would fire my self!)
 However, I also know that I work better when my house and classroom are somewhat orderly, smell good and are inviting. Most of my best friends are very naturally organized. They are awesome that way!
(They're like that red headed lady that lives out in the middle of nowhere, with her rancher husband, a bunch of cows, dogs, horses, four beautiful children, and still finds time to cook up divine grub for them everyday. You know who she is. I love that red headed lady. She even has her own blog and cooking show.)
     But anyhow, I asked for help with my affliction and when I ask for help, well, GOD gives it to me. This past summer as I was starting this little 'ol blog He gave it to me in the form of a lady who loves purple. If you need a little organization inspiration I invite you to click on the link below and meet the...

Flylady

The Lesson
     Getting it together can happen in 15 minute increments. Fail is a four letter word and we don't need those, do we? 

So, whattaya waiting for? Go Fly!

Love,

Teacher-Mom

14 comments:

  1. mmmm, I'll try the 15 min increment in the tidy up of my study.You should see it (actually no - it is such a mess). Maybe I'll give it a go - just now. I'll try to fly .. nice image!
    I enjoyed your post thank you - had both inward and outward smile and a groan at the red headed lady who is so organised .. ..
    Susan
    http://www.gardenofedenblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love messy desks! They tell so much about a person. Have you ever seen a photo of Albert Einstein at his desk? Brilliant! The red headed lady hails from the US. I forget you hail from a more exotic part of the world. Thank you for coming by for a visit. Now, off to tackle my "to be filed-file". No that can wait!

      Delete
  2. I devote my 15 minutes cleaning the kitchen every morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a great guy! I hate the morning after kitchen mess! Betcha get a lot of good thinking done there too. There's something about bubbles and running water that mesmerizes me. Looking forward to your next post!

      Delete
  3. It is amazing what you can get done in small time frames when you stay on task!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting better at not hyper-focusing on one thing and biting off small bits of work. Thanks for revisiting!

      Delete
  4. We could be soul sisters! I too suffer from procrastinitis, have a laundry couch (which you can't see because it is buried) and don't like to clean. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, my good friend told me once,"I think there are more of 'them' than of us." There are three of us now. I say we take over the world. After we find it under the laundry 'o course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. You're a member of a the club too! Happy writing!

      Delete
  7. I agree, I would rather do everyone of the things you mentioned rather than clean, cook or shop. But for my sanity and that of all the other heartbeats that live in this house I have to take time out to do the things I hate. Your post cheered me up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! It's a good feeling to know I'm not alone in this war against the laundry!

      Delete
  8. I'm a stickler for lists. It's what I've found works for me. I do suffer terribly with procrastination-itis though!

    Have a great A to Z month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I'm gonna say about lists...wait for it...I lose them too:)

      Delete