Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Ghosts!

"I'm not gonna scare you...BOO!"
     From the time Glitterific Girl was still in diapers ghosts have been a topic of interest in our home. I don't know about you, but the thought of some...being...lurking in my home kind of makes me, well not a-scared, but uneasy. Not fearful uneasy but more of a someone is nosying around in my busy-ness, uneasy.
(And she has a blog? Really?)
     Like many others, I've often gone into rooms and homes and felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. There are places I know...I just know...that something just isn't right. I've listened to friends and the like tell me their stories of the unknown. I believe them because that feeling is so strong inside them. I believe they have experienced something, so much so that they trust me enough to share. I would never deny them that.
   But to me, like I said, the thought of some other worldly being nosying around in my stuff bugs me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with growing up in a huge, noisy family and never having a single bit of privacy.
('cept if you count locking yourself in the bathroom, lining the tub with pillows and blankets and reading your book in there until someone screamed, "Mom! Mom! MOOOOOM! She won't let me in!"...Not that I ever did that...but just sayin'!...I have issues!)
     Anyhow, if a ghost is lingering in my home, I don't think there would only be one of them. I think their names would be Penelope and Eustace. Penelope is sweet, fun-loving, playful and always on my side. Eustace, on the other hand, is kind of an old codger who says things like, "There she goes again. Not tending to her chores. On that dang computer thang! Don't she know that vittles need fixin'!"
Penelope, as I said,is always on my side. She would say in her soft Scarlett O'hara-ish voice..with a giggle. "Now hush your mouth! Missus is creatin'. It's high time she got a bit of time to herself. And look Eustie, she's writing 'bout us! Oh I declare! I do so wish she tells them all that I have blue eyes the same shade as the morning sky. I do, I do!"
     So, on that note these are three of my all time favorite ghost movies.
 And if by chance the leading men in these want to come haunt me, well...I declare!
Cary Grant...swoon...!
Rex Harrison...pitter pat!

Patrick Swayze...Aaaah!

The Lesson
Well if  there has to be one, I think it would have to be to live your life with so much love in your heart that the people you leave behind can still feel you around them long after your physical body has gone... and you never know, someone just might be watching you.
 So watch what you say!

So, whattaya waiting for? Don't let the cucueys get 'ya!
 OOOOOOOOOOOO.....BOO!


Love,
Teacher-Mom



3 comments:

  1. Ah The Ghost and Mrs Muir, I'd forgotten all about that show. I loved it so much, will have to see if I can get a copy. Tks for the trip down memory lane. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why you're welcome! I remember the show to. I think I wanted to live in a lighthouse at one time because of that show. Now, naaaah, not so much! Thanks for hopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Topper! I wouldn't be surprised if there were a ghost or two in our house. It's old with lots of creaks and groans and an occasional whiff of strange perfume when I walk through certain rooms. My daughter, when she was five, asked if I had kissed her cheek a few minutes before but I had been in another room. My mother-in-law, who is the last one I would suspect of making up ghost stories, told me she had seen a white figure with long flowing hair in the upstairs hallway when we first moved in.

    ReplyDelete