Wednesday, April 10, 2013

J is for Just Because...

     "Get going friends. We need to get those little legs pumpin'! No stopping, everybody needs to move it, move it, mooooooove it!"
     That's what I say and I always think everyone is motivated and doing what I want them to do and then I look over and catch sight of the inevitable; the obvious, and a wondrous sight to behold. I see little people, usually girls, mesmerized by those little yellow distractions that pop out of nowhere.


     They have magical powers.  Something about them attracts and distracts their little minds, bodies and souls. They beckon the wild child.  They speak a language only they understand. They calm them.
     When I look over and watch the effect these little flowers have on them, I have to admit, I too want to lay on my tummy and make bracelets and crowns.
     Then just as I'm about to sigh deeply and interupt this mystical dance between child and nature, one of those little pixies comes up to me and invites me to the dance. 
     "Close your eyes Teacher. I have a present for you." I feign ignorance. "What could it be?" I ask. "Bend over Teacher.... there. Now open them. You look like a princess now!" I ask the question. "What was that for, honey?" And the answer is always the same. Those words are the most invaluable-innocent gift of them all .
 "Just because Teacher. Just because."

The Lesson
Accept those little tokens of love and affection from anyone. A very wise woman told me once, "Let people give you gifts, no matter how small."

Love,
Teacher-Mom

 

4 comments:

  1. Cute post! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you for boppin' on over. I visited your blog and your D post about description was so helpful. I've been struggling with this topic and now I know when too much is too much!

      Delete
  2. The best gifts are given by children "just because".

    TaMara
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful and a lovely reminder that sometimes things are the way that they are 'just because!' The photos are too dear thank you!

    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete