Wednesday, April 17, 2013

P is for Passion

     What compels a person to do something?
 (That's a rhetorical question if you didn't already guess)

     What is passion? Who are these people we call passionate? And is there a common thread?
(more rhetorical questions...I'm kinda passionate about those...I like to pick people's brains...it is what I do for a living 'ya know)

    So, I looked that word up in my handy-dandy dictionary and I found that any definition for the word passion references everything from overwhelming need and desire to suffering. After about 34 minutes of real hard ponderising... (yes, that's a word I just made up and in Mom time 34 minutes is really only 34 seconds)
     I came up with some realia to illustrate this word for 'ya!
(and no I did not make up the word realia...it's a real Teacher word...it means real stuff...hands on stuff...stuff/stuff!) 


     I hope you enjoy!

What compels a man to dig an underground home...
     

passion!

What compels a man to build a colorful mountain...
Passion!
What compels a lady who could not read to go to college...
passion!
The Lesson
If you love something enough...if you have a natural gift for doing something...don't be afraid of what people will 'think' or say about you...who knows, you might just leave a legacy. And those little people entrusted to you for a short time? Give them a safe place to develop a passion!

Love,

Teacher-Mom


7 comments:

  1. A great post, just stopping by from the AtoZ Challenge and to let you know that I have set up a link to your blog from my post today
    http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-ls

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ponderise well thank you and your lessons with the photographs illustrate the point so well! I loved this!
    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you. I am in awe of people who follow their heart's calling.

      Delete
  3. I like this use of the word "passion." I have a passion for Jesus, for my husband, for homemaking, for cooking, and for teaching others about Godly marriage and womanhood. Now to put that passion to work!! :)

    Jaimie at Living in the Light
    A to Z Ambassador

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaimie, your passions are centered around love, the most important passion of them all, dontcha think? Happy writing!

      Delete
  4. I love finding out people's passions... and I love people who have a passion - for almost anything. The best friend's boyfriend who loves amateur rockets; the ex-colleague who had a passion for eco-architecture - of course it also helps if it's something you're interested in yourself, but I love watching their faces light up as they talk about their passion. Apparently I do that too :)
    Happy A to Zing!
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That look in their faces is a shadow of the child that lies within them,still. It's kinda like...that scene in Hook where one of the Lost Boys grabs Peter's face (Robin Williams), examines it closely and then declares, "Oh there you are Peter!" I love watching and waiting for that "look". It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete