Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Z is for Z and Beyond



"You'll be sort of surprised what there is to be found once you go beyond 'Z' and start poking around!~Dr. Suess

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-aye!  I did it.  Will I do it again? Hmmm...don't know yet.  Ask me after I've gotten some Zzzzz's.
Okay, I probably will, and know why?  Because doing this challenge has forced to change my 'thinking'. It's forced me to stop repeating to myself what I would never, never, ever, ever, in a zillion years ever say to my students, my own children, friends, family, or the stranger in the grocery line... and for some reason I thought it was okay to say to myself!
   "I can't write something everyday...No one would be remotely interested in reading my 'jibberish'...I can't possibly be inspiring, motivating, interesting..."
So with that I would like to thank those who have stopped by to visit.  Although you didn't leave messages, I know you were there!
Thank you for those that did leave messages.  You have encouraged me more than you will ever know!
 And most of all thank you little blogging community...you are an interesting bunch...artisitc...ecclectic...outside the box thinkers...risk takers... you look at life and chronicle it for everyone to see...'kinda like'... what I hope for my students and own girls.
The Lesson
Life is much too short to just let it pass by and end up wondering this...


"Sometimes I wonder about my life.  I lead a small life-well valuable, but small- and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or I haven't been brave?  So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"

So thank you all again...for teaching me countless lessons...and for being brave!

Love,

Teacher-Mom

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, this challenge was a lot of fun! I hope you'll try it again next year (after those much needed ZZZ's).

    TaMara
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing A-Z April! This was my second year...and I am trying to think of a better theme for next year already.

    Happy May!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love You've got mail! Great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful post! Congratulations on completing the challenge successfully. I loved the lessons that you shared through your blogposts and I will come back for more!

    ReplyDelete