Thursday, August 29, 2013

"Meetings"

     Little Pixie in a frilly skirt looked perturbed as she held the door open for all 2947 little sweaty firsties trotting in from lunch recess.  "Everything alright at lunch honey?" I asked, half knowing who was the cause for the scrunched up look on her little face.  "We need to have a meeting," she replied through huffy breaths.  "There was a problem..." I couldn't quite make out the rest of her words since the noise coming out of 2947 sweaty firsties... coming in from just having grilled cheese... running and standing in 102 degree weather...on the second week of first grade... rivals that of an empty freight train... rolling along in the middle of a tornado in New York City. (although I've never been to New York City, but friends tell me it's loud)
     So, being set on establishing those routines and putting out fires as they come up at the beginning of school, I say to her. " Well honey, you're the Student Teacher, have everyone sit on the carpet and we'll call a meeting."  So being the efficient little boss lady that she is (I know a leader when I see 'em) she barks out the order for everyone to quiet down and sit for a meeting to discuss our "issues" at recess.          As everyone quieted down, I asked her to tell what went on.  Little Pixie in the frilly skirt proceeds to address the crowd and spurts out, with out missing a syllable, "The problem is...when I was holding the door open _________ (insert your own little darlin's name here...and 'ya know you have one already!) called me a M...F'er!"
     And know what???  Nobody flinched...not even their Teacher.  She was too busy trying to contain her giggles!


     So, friends.  How's your year comin' along?

Love,
Teacher-Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh My!
    Don't have a kid's name to fill in the blank because my sweet hearts don't start until Sept. 11!
    Enjoy 3 days off!

    ReplyDelete